At any time during your workouts, if you feel out of breath or have chest pain please stop exercising and see a doctor. Everyone should consult a doctor before starting this or any exercise program. Always listen to your own body.
- Whether you complete the entire workout or part of it, you are making progress. Work hard at whatever you have time for.
- Your resistant workouts are designed to elevate your heart rate to maximize your results and also deliver the health benefits of cardio.
- Nutrition is 80% of your results. Take time to organize healthy meals. Aim for 20-30 g of protein per meal and snack, eating every 3-4 hours, 5-6 meals per day.
- REST – your muscles recover and get stronger during rest days. Make sure you have them!! Always listen to your body.
- CARDIO – Cardio burns muscle for energy and we want to preserve as much as possible. After healthy meals and resistant workouts in if you decide to do cardio I recommend – Stairs are great…if on a piece of cardio equipment stick to intervals for example 30 sec sprints, 45-sec recovery (repeat) or programs involving hills etc. Walking/running outside…change your speeds, get your heart rate elevated but where you can still carry on a conversation.
FLIP SIDE – some people enjoy and need a good steady run or walk to relieve mental stress…any movement you enjoy is a bonus physically and mentally.
OTHER PROGRAM RULES
- This is YOUR PROGRAM in YOUR LIFE…everyone is different. Everyone will take/need something different every day.
- Trust the universe and trust your body.
- Positive thoughts and energy ONLY…no KAREN’s allowed, no negative nelly’s.
- No judge, no pressure…go with the flow and just go!!!
- You will NOT be able to read or do all the stuff I give you…so don’t stress about it…get over that NOW!
- Text me, email me, FB me…use and abuse me for support…let’s get this done!
Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, REST, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, REST, Day 1
Day 1, REST, Day 2, Day 3, REST, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, REST
WORKOUT GUIDELINES TO SUCCESS
- ANY workout schedule works. Take a rest day at least after every 3 workouts.
- Listen to your body, work with where YOU are
- Modify any exercise as needed
- Always listen to the pain, never work through the pain
- DOING is the important part, modify or shorten workouts to suit your day, just do something.
- Have a time limit to workout. Start a timer and when time is up, the workout is over. I recommend 20-30 minutes